- Books & More
- What Should I Read Next?
- Online Resources for Readers
Online Resources for Readers
Burlington Public Library Resources
These resources are free with your library card:
- Literature Databases - Three databases with literature content including everything from biographies of writers to literary criticism.
- NoveList Plus - Search for information about books by author, title, genre, series, or by describing a plot. Find author readalikes, books in series, book discussion guides, lists of award winners, narrative nonfiction and more!
General Readers' Advisory Sites
- Book Browse - An online magazine for book lovers - including reviews, previews, 'behind the book' backstories, author interviews and more. Advice and reading guides for book discussion groups as well.
- Goodreads - A social networking site for readers: record, rate and share what you've been reading; find out what your friends are reading.
- Library Thing - "The World's Largest Book Club." Keep track of what you've read, write reviews, and connect with other readers.
- What Should I Read Next? - Type in a title or an author and connect to popular books with similar subject headings.
General Fiction / Nonfiction Sites
- Book Spot - "A free resource center that simplifies the search for the best book-related content on the Web." Includes bestseller lists, book reviews, ebooks, book news and more.
- Bookish - Browse by genre, author or subject, create a personal bookshelf, get recommendations, access book lists, read articles and more.
- Fantastic Fiction - Author bibliographies and book information. Easily find new books, popular books and coming book.
- Indie Next - Recommendations from independent booksellers.
- Library Reads - "The top 10 books published this month that librarians across the country love."
- NPR Books - Combines interviews, reviews, recommendations and lists
- Genrefluent - "Helping readers find the books they will love, online since 1996." Includes links to websites for all genres - romance, mystery, fantasy, historical fiction, westerns and more.
- Safari Tech Books Online - Access digital collection of technical books covering Java, Web development, certification, project management, enterprise computing, operating systems, networking and more. FREE when you have a Burlington Public Library card. (Note: you'll need both your library card number and your library account password, often the last four digits of your home phone. If you have problems logging in, call the reference desk at 781-270-1691).
- Smart Bitches Trashy Books - Dedicated to the romance genre.
- Stop, You're Killing Me! - "A website to die for - if you love mysteries, thrillers, spies, and suspense."