Due to multiple site closures, we are suspending museum pass borrowing and reservations for the time being.
Museum Pass Policy
In order to make our Museum Passes available to more patrons, our policy has been revised. Please be sure to read our new policy (PDF) before booking a pass. Museum Passes are available thanks to the generosity of the Friends of the Burlington Public Library and other community sponsors. View a list of sponsors.
List of Museum Pass and pass overviews offered by the Burlington Public Library (PDF). Museum passes can be reserved and cancelled online! All you need is a valid Merrimack Valley Library Consortium (MVLC) library card and your PIN number.
Museum Pass Availability
You can either check by museum to see which dates are available, or you can check by date to see which museum passes are available. Reservations can be cancelled online or by contacting the library at 781-270-1693. No-show reservations will result in the inability to make future reservations. Please check individual museum websites for hours of operation and special events.
Rules About Booking
- Families may reserve one museum pass per day; each individual museum pass may be reserved once per family, per month.
- Passes may be booked sixty days in advance.
- If passes have not been reserved by other patrons, same day walk-in reservations will be honored.
- Non-coupon passes must be returned by 10 am (1 on Sundays). There is a $10 per day fine for passes returned late. Lost passes will be charged a $25 replacement fee.
- If you've provided the library with your email address, you'll receive a confirmation email and a reminder notice three days before your pass is due to be picked up.
- In order to pick up a pass, you must present the library card used when placing the reservation.
- If you decide not to use a pass, please cancel with as much notice as possible. Cancellation may be made online or by phone. No-show reservations will result in the inability to make future reservations.
- Passes not picked up or cancelled by noon on the day of reservation (1:30 pm on Sundays) will be considered a No-show and released to the public.