Four Billion Year Story of Burlington with Eamon McCarthy Earls
Date: Thursday, June 17
Location: Online via Zoom. Advanced registration is required for this Zoom event. Register using this link https://tinyurl.com/5catcptb
Ancient volcanoes? Mountains taller than the Himalayas? Colliding continents and roaming dinosaurs? If you've ever wondered about the ground beneath your foot, come discover the four billion year story of Burlington from the dawn of life to our rapidly changing modern world with geologist and author Eamon McCarthy Earls.
About the Presenter:
Author of multiple books on regional history and a former Town Councilor in Franklin, Massachusetts, Eamon studied geology at UMASS-Amherst.
Intro to Origami with Gerardo Acosta
Date: Monday, June 21
Location: Online via Zoom. Register on our online calendar HERE.
Join us on Zoom for an introductory origami class with lifelong origami enthusiast Gerardo Acosta. You will learn the basic folding techniques and the creativity involved in this lifelong hobby as you make your own crane, frog, and fish figures.
Open to adults and teens ages 13 and up.
All supplies will be provided and available for pickup at the library during library hours from Tuesday, June 15 through Monday, June 21.
This program is made possible through CARES Act funding to Federal Institute of Museum and Library Services as administered by the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.
BPL Chess Club
Date: Tuesday, June 22 - Register here.
Location: Online via Zoom. Advance Registration is required.
Come test your skills with a friendly afternoon of virtual chess. Join us on Zoom and play on your computer or mobile device as we bring the BPL Chess Club online using lichess.org.
Play single games against other players or join the 50 minute tournament. Link for joining tournament will be provided at the start of the Zoom meeting. Tournament requires a free lichess.org account to participate.
***Optional: Download the Lichess app here: https://lichess.org/mobile***
No webcam or microphone required.
Account required for tournament play only.
All ages welcome.
Questions? Email Justin at email@example.com
Date: Monday, June 28
Location: Online via Zoom. Advance Registration is required. Register here.
Join us on Zoom for a fun friendly night of trivia! Play solo, or with a team (virtually speaking). Trivia questions will be read aloud and displayed in a slide show presentation in Zoom. No webcams or microphones are necessary. Please note, while all ages are welcome, trivia questions are geared toward adults in content and challenge rating.
The meeting link along with more details will be sent to you after you are registered. Download Zoom ahead of time to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Trivia will consist of 3 rounds of general questions ranging from a variety of topics, a picture round, and a 3 question bonus round to end the night.
- Each player/team is responsible for scoring your own answer sheet, so be sure to have paper and pen ready! This is meant to be fun. All scores are on the honor system. At the end of each answer round, scores will be submitted to the host, who will tally scores and read the standings aloud.
- Trivia teams can be in the same household, or in different households. We are not encouraging people to gather in groups to play. Stay safe, stay home. Instead, if you choose to play with a team, you are responsible for determining ahead of time how your team will communicate with one another.
- Players will not be able to use the Zoom chat to communicate with one another. Instead, we recommend setting up alternate channels of communication (group text, Google Hangout, FaceTime, etc.) in order to pool team resources. Library staff will not be responsible for facilitating teams or team communications.
- No prizes are awarded, it's all just for fun!
Want to be reminded about upcoming programs by email? Register your contact information.