Date: Monday, January 25
Location: Online via Zoom. Advance Registration is required. Register here.
Join us on Zoom for a fun friendly night of trivia! Play solo, or with a team (virtually speaking). Trivia questions will be read aloud and displayed in a slide show presentation in Zoom. No webcams or microphones are necessary. Please note, while all ages are welcome, trivia questions are geared toward adults in content and challenge rating.
The meeting link along with more details will be sent to you after you are registered. Download Zoom ahead of time to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Trivia will consist of 3 rounds of general questions ranging from a variety of topics, a picture round, and a 3 question bonus round to end the night.
- Each player/team is responsible for scoring your own answer sheet, so be sure to have paper and pen ready! This is meant to be fun. All scores are on the honor system. At the end of each answer round, scores will be submitted to the host, who will tally scores and read the standings aloud.
- Trivia teams can be in the same household, or in different households. We are not encouraging people to gather in groups to play. Stay safe, stay home. Instead, if you choose to play with a team, you are responsible for determining ahead of time how your team will communicate with one another.
- Players will not be able to use the Zoom chat to communicate with one another. Instead, we recommend setting up alternate channels of communication (group text, Google Hangout, FaceTime, etc.) in order to pool team resources. Library staff will not be responsible for facilitating teams or team communications.
- No prizes are awarded, it's all just for fun!
with Sherry Hoffman
Date: Tuesday, January 26
Time: 7:00 pm
Location: Online via Zoom. Advance registration is required. Register here.
What better way to de-stress than spending an evening being creative?
Come join us for Paint Night with Sherry Hoffman. Participants will create a painting with step by step instruction and guidance from Artist Sherry Hoffman. All supplies will be included. Questions? Call (781) 270-1691 or email Shelley at email@example.com..
Norman Rockwell: Inclusion, Exclusion and Evolving Views on Race
with Jane Oneail
Date: Thursday, February 18
Location: Online via Zoom. Advanced Registration is required. Register here. This program will be Live Streamed to Facebook where registration is not required.
Norman Rockwell is heralded for depicting and defining American life. He often captured bittersweet images of people experiencing universal and relatable feelings of being left out or left behind. Yet, as an artist working in the 20th century, his works are curiously devoid of America’s rich cultural and racial diversity. Toward the end of his career, Rockwell painted several poignant works about race in America that can be seen as an extension of his earlier sense of the power of inclusion and exclusion.
About the Presenter
Jane Oneail is an independent scholar and holds a master’s in Art History from Boston University and a master’s in Art in Education from Harvard University.
This program is generously sponsored by The Harvard University Retirees Association.
Tips and Tricks for Today's Job Search
with Career Coach Meredith Lavine
Date: Tuesday, February 23
Time: 7:00 pm
Location: Online via Zoom. Advance registration is required. Register: here.
Career Coach Meredith Lavine will discuss getting organized for a job search, online job applications, social media considerations, and LinkedIn profile must-haves. She will cover quick tips for resume and cover letters, and touch on some creative ways to find job opportunities. Meredith Lavine of Artful Résumé Service has been helping corporate and personal clients from her private practice realize their career goals since 2008. Meredith Lavine offers a fresh approach to job hunting. Join us, get motivated, and learn what works today! Meredith will take questions after the presentation. This program is open to all.
Questions? Call Reference at (781) 270-1691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to be reminded about upcoming programs by email? Register your contact information.